As we all know 15 Webmaster conferences are coming to India from June 17, 2019, to Aug 09, 2019. On 24th June 2019, Google Webmaster Conference 2019 was held in Patna at Lemon Tree Premier. I am happy that I as the founder of Blogging Burp was part of it & their I learned a lot that I’m going to share through this article.
This conference was done with the motive to bring search related information directly to people as well as what new in search console. At Google Webmaster Conference experts discussed multiple topics which include SEO Best Practices, Search Console (what’s new), Website Security & more.
So, the conference started with WARM Welcome by Syed Malik Mairaj who’s Search Outreach Lead of India & South Asia. Later on, he discussed how Google is improving search results & there are so many opportunities to grab in SERP in form of different appearance of the result like Image, video, eBook results & you can’t ignore Google Assistant. More, he discussed how do search engines work, & new updates.
Some new updates are:-
- GoogleBot is evergreen means now GoogleBot is now advanced and it is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome.
- GoogleBot uses the mobile-first indexing.
- Google starts labeling images in search that helps the user to know the context of the images.
Moving ahead at Google Webmaster Conference 2019 experts discussed on What’s NEW in the new Search Console? We all know search console interface upgraded & it comes with more new features. Now search console is accessible on mobile, more actionable insight, improved users workflows & faster feedback loops. You can now track issues easily, page grouping, sharing particular issues for the fix with a developer, expedite crawling as well as you can see search console data in the search result.
Then we’d lunch and that too delicious. After lunch experts discussed on SEO Best Practices at Google Webmaster Conference 2019. Here they discussed the best practices for SEO and the key points are:-
- Don’t paraphrase other’s content. Use original own content.
- Avoid spelling mistakes and grammatical errors
- Publish a single solid article and consolidate all thin articles in one.
- Create a good meta title & description.
- Give your image a descriptive name, and alt.
- Use high-quality images.
- Always keep featured/Primary images in the top (if possible just below the title)
- Don’t insert important text in images.
- Fix all errors you find in search console.
- Everyone is on mobile so we need a mobile-friendly website.
- If we miss anything on the mobile version we’ll lose it on desktop too for indexing.
- In the desktop version, you added text and image and in mobile you only use text. Then Google will index image for both mobile and desktop. This will happen in desktop index first. Vise Versa for mobile index first.
- Use inline CSS in the visible content above the fold area.
- Minify resources
- Enable compression
- Improve server response time
- All website should be on https secure server because no one wants to compromise their security. (Highly recommended)
- Give explicit information to Google with the help of structure data or schema for below type of content or websites.
- Implement it in any 3 ways listed below:
- Google prefer JSON-Ld
- There are plugins for most CMS to include structured data. Gigpress for WordPress, Jevents for Joomla etc.
- Data Highlighter
- No editing in code but data will available to Google.